TVT RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please read the following rules and regulations below. Please also read the ATA rules and regulations. You can use this link to view them ATA Rules and Regulations
- ATHLETES’ – #1 – THINK SAFETY FIRST – IT IS MOST IMPORTANT TO HAVE A SAFE AND FUN DAY
- RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR RACE
- KEEP YOUR WITS ABOUT YOU AND ENSURE THAT YOU MAKE SAFE DECISIONS FOR YOURSELF AND EVERYONE AROUND YOU!
- BE COURTEOUS WITH YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS!
- DISPOSE OF ALL LITTER IN GARBAGE AND RECYCLING CONTAINERS.
- READ AND MAKE SURE YOU KNOW AND FOLLOW ALL THE ALBERTA TRIATHLON ASSOCIATION RULES AND REGULATIONS:
– REGISTRATION –
- Show up with plenty of time (about 1 hour) to register, body mark, pick up timing chip and rack
your bike (first come = first served for racking spots).
- Make sure your bike and helmet are ANSI approved – get these checked at bike check if you feel necessary.
(Bike check provided by Okotoks Classic Source for Sports. See them for all your sporting needs – 403-938-5772)
– SWIM – ATHLETES ONLY ON POOL DECK AND IN WATER
- Be at swim start about 15 minutes before your approximate swim time:
15 minutes or more – 8:00AM
13-15 minutes – 8:15AM
11-13 minutes – 8:30AM
9-11 minutes – 8:45AM
9-minutes or less – 9:00AM
Ages 12-17 – 10:15AM
Ages 8-11 – 11:00AM
7 and under – 11:30AM
- Swim caps are not mandatory – bring your own if you wish to use one.
- Swim is a continuous feed – as one swimmer finishes, another enters the water – there are 6 lanes with a maximum of 4 swimmers per lane.
- Swim on the right, pass on the left when it is safe to do so.
- Let the swimmer ahead of you know you want to pass by touching their toes. Slower swimmers pause at the end of the lane to let the faster swimmers pass.
- Walk on deck at all times. No extra bags, shoes, backpacks, towels, anything on the pool deck – have all your racing needs at your bike in transition area.
-TRANSITION – ATHLETES ONLY IN TRANSITION AREA
Athletes only in transition area please – there will be volunteers there to assist you if
necessary. See detailed map of the transition area.
– BIKE –
- Bike and helmet checks are not mandatory, HOWEVER, it is the athlete’s responsibility toensure that their bikes and helmets are in safe operating condition. If your bike requires maintenance,or you need a new bike, try our sponsor, Classic Source For Sports in Okotoks – 403-938-5772Get your equipment race ready at least a month before the race!
- Know where your bike is in transition for easier access when racing.
- Helmets must be on and chin strap fastened before leaving transition and when re-entering after bike portion of race.
- All cyclists must walk their bikes across the crosswalk before and after the bike portion of the race.
- Ride on the right and pass, when it is safe to do so, on the left. Let cyclists know when you want to pass by sayingsomething like “On your left.”
- DO NOT DRAFT – it is not fair to have an easier race by drafting behind someone and making the race harder for them!
- Use caution on all corners and at turn-around.
– RUN –
- Follow the signs past the Flare ‘n Derrick to the Friendship Trail run start.
- Run on the right and
pass on the left when it is safe to do so. Let runners know when you want to pass by saying something
like “On your left.”
-KOS – ATHLETES AND VOLUNTEERS ONLY ON POOL DECK AND IN TRANSITION!!!
We know this is a VERY EXCITING event for you. We ask that you please remember
that it is about everyone being SAFE and having FUN. Kindly and calmly be there for your child,
and at the same time, please be SAFE and have FUN. ATHLETES ONLY in the transition area – we have very capable volunteers there to help the KOS.
BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HEALTH AND FITNESS AND FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO
THIS EVENT – LET THE VOLUNTEERS KNOW HOW MUCH YOU APPRECIATE THEM
BEING HERE FOR YOU!
PLEASE KNOW THAT WE, THE ORGANIZERS OF THE TVT, HAVE DONE ALL THAT WE
CAN TO MAKE THIS A PERFECTLY RUN EVENT. IT IS OUR MISSION TO ENSURE THAT
EVERYONE FROM THE ATHLETES TO THE SPECTATORS AND VOLUNTEERS HAVE A SAFE
AND ENJOYABLE DAY. WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF THE WEATHER, AND IF WE DEEM
WEATHER CONDITIONS TO NOT BE SAFE FOR RACING, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO
CANCEL THE RACE.
WE ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ASK ANYONE WHO IS DISRESPECTFUL IN ANY WAY TO NOT
PARTICIPATE IN OUR RACE.